Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New use for old friend

Getting ready for the DIY craft direction for my emporium store
I decided to find a new way of using all I had saved and sharing the creative ideas. Like many, I had a lot of silk flowers for different seasons. I stripped them of plastic. I also found a lot of old, beautiful ties my dad had. Everyday of his hotel life he wore elegant suits and ties. It was hard to throw them out when he passed. Today, I cut them up, added them to many layers of mixed flower pieces and ...magic, red velveteen, white organdy and checkered black and white silk. Added a felt circle and brooch pin to restyle old hats, purses, close a scarf, decorate a jacket even restyle a lamp shade. I made a simple pattern and then added pieces of jewelry, feathers and button centers. That tired winter hat looks runway ready. My creations are now in the store - 2 ways with pieces for others to make or already designed for restyling. Thanks dad for that touch of timeless elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment