Thursday, December 19, 2013

Art as a pain killer

In 3 hours I go under the knife as they say in the medical world. As I lay here, a powerful graphic, the Sym.bol.ogie of this event, has entered my prayer talk. While talking to my guidance, I heard, "doing your art is the closest thing to your higher spiritual self. Totally heart related, the heart of oneness has entered visually. By planning the vision of your new venture, and staging it around your bed, you have set sacred space to move beyond mental pain. You have released energy, like endorphins, that is more powerful than the physical experience." As I heard and sensed this, I realized I  had awakened with my arm cast spread across my chest, something I wasn't able to do when body aware. It was sitting over my heart, and I couldn't feel pain in that "between world" state. Was art, the creative spark, the true door to the soul experience? They seemed to be connected. The thrill of wanting to get better to now achieve this symbolic out-picturing was now more dominant than the pain. The plan of giving 2 small pieces of art to the 2 doctors came next. I knew I had to get well. There was a new drive.  I also noticed, I can' feel a hand there anymore while in this state. NOW...AWAKENED, THE PAIN IS FULL SPEED, but the symbol is now etched and waiting to become art. Blessings to these beings.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Kat,

    You never cease to amaze me with your brilliant insights! Your creative light shines through even as you are about to go through surgery... way to go. I love your new blog but I love you more! I am lighting a candle for you today and sending you laser beams of divine healing energy. Hang in there... the Kat still has many lives left in this one and look at all the beauty and wisdom emerging! All the best to you with your surgery.

    Love, Catherine

    ReplyDelete